Date: Wednesday March 10, 2021, 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Location: The Drake Hotel | 140 E Walton Pl, Chicago, IL 60611
Are You Making a Difference in Your Community?
Nominate yourself or another youth to be recognized in the 3rd Annual NextUp Awards
Across Chicagoland, driven, determined young people are looking beyond themselves. Through fundraising, philanthropy, volunteerism and activism, they are dedicating their time and talents to making a discernible difference in the lives of others. In doing so, they are setting an example for the entire region.
The NextUp Awards shines a light on these young change agents, the very best their generation has to offer. The program awards scholarships to individuals 18 years of age or younger who have shown a transformative commitment to their communities – through fundraising, direct financial support, the development of charitable programs, volunteering, leadership and philanthropy. This year, we will also be accepting nominations for philanthropy work related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Finalists will join Blood Science Foundation as honored guests at The 3rd Annual NextUp Awards Celebration. Winners in each of three age groups (inclusive of elementary through high school ages) will be revealed at the event and will each receive $2,500 to further their education or to invest in their philanthropic or charitable programs, with the first and second runners up receiving $500 each for the same purpose.
If the event is unable to be held in person due to prolonged COVID-19 issues, we will still hold the event virtually and award scholarship funds. With most schools starting the new year online, this is a perfect way to keep your students fully engaged while encouraging them to give back during these trying times.
Now is your chance to help recognize selfless, determined youths that are making their community a priority within Chicagoland.
Nominate them for The NextUp Awards!
How It Works:
- Nominees must be 18 years of age or younger on the submission due date (January 15, 2021). You can nominate yourself or someone else for The NextUp Awards.
- Nominees must reside in one of the following Vitalant service area counties in Illinois: Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry or Will.
- A nominee’s charitable or philanthropic activity is only eligible if it has been conducted between July 1, 2019 and December 31, 2020.
- Nominees will be judged in three separate age groups:
- Under 12
- Ages 13 to 15
- Ages 16 to 18
- A committee chosen by Blood Science Foundation will select three finalists from each of the age categories. Each finalist and two guests will be invited to attend The NextUp Awards Celebration, where the winners in each category will be announced.
- Each winner will receive $2,500 to further their education or to invest in their philanthropic or charitable programs, with the first and second runners up receiving $500 each for the same purpose.
Judges will review and score submissions based on the following:
- The philanthropic effort’s direct impact on the community
- Long-term/ongoing outcomes of the philanthropic effort
- Whether the project can serve as a prototype for other communities
The deadline to submit nomination forms online is January 15, 2021.
Contact Shelley Miscampbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.260.2920.